Cancer, fasting, carnivore, and chemotherapy side effects
Cancer is pretty prevalent, which sucks. I’ve been keeping an eye out for unconventional approaches which increase the chances of remission. I'm not a doctor, nor a scientist. I present these as intriguing articles which seem to offer promising research areas. If one were feeling adventurous or desperate, one might consider experimenting with one's way of (not) eating.
A few articles to check out:
- Harper's article: Starving your way to vigor: The benefits of an empty stomach (official). Or, read free. Summary: Fasting can increase your chances of beating cancer, according to some studies. The article notes that if you fast for four days before chemo, you won’t lose your hair. The article is long but I enjoyed it a lot.
- Science of Fasting Documentary
Summary: Russians discovered the effects of fasting over 50 years ago and still practice it to this day. Germans independently discovered the same and also practice fasting. Biologists at UCLA have done rat and human studies and found good results as a component of cancer treatment.
- Discovery Magazine article: "Rare Form of Dwarfism Protects Against Cancer"
Summary: Ecuadorian dwarf's with Laron syndrome have no IGF-1. They have little to no cancer, nor Alzheimer’s.
- Meatheals report: man experiences no chemo side effects
Summary: Man experienced no chemo side effects while eating carnivore, except for when he ate carbs/sugar. Also, check out the rest of the Meatheals reports which mention cancer. If you actually want to eat, rather than fast, I've found that carnivore is an easy way to maintain ketogenesis. The carnivore way of eating consists of zero carbs/sugar, unlike keto as commonly practiced. I've also found carnivore is easy to maintain, with no intense cravings.
- Dawn Lemanne - Using Evolution in the Cancer Clinic - Ancestral Health Symposium 2019
Summary: cancer in young people is different than in older people and reacts differently to standard chemo treatments. It discusses "new research evaluating advances in drug scheduling, fasting, and diet combinations that may circumvent tumor treatment resistance and prolong life."
I wish the best health for you, your family, and your friends.
Email me ✉️